Student Professional Development Workshop
Student Professional Develop Workshops provide undergraduate and masters level computer science students with the unique opportunity to receive coaching and development from Industry professionals. The unique aspect about the workshops is the mock interview component. Each participant goes through two mock interviews, which includes immediate feedback from the industry professional. Details about the workshops are given below:
- Target audience: underrepresented minority students with 3.0 or higher GPA (African-American, Hispanic and Native American/Native Alaskan/Native Hawaiian, students with disabilities).
- Networking with industry professionals, who keynote sessions and serve as workshop panelists.
- Learning best practices for preparing for the rigors of the interview process.
- Attending engaging workshop sessions on resume writing, interview skills, professionalism, and networking.
- Mock interviews that include immediate feedback from industry professionals to help you improve your skills.
The 2017 Student Professional Development Workshop will be co-located with the ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing Conference in Atlanta, GA.
For questions regarding the workshop contact: Kimberly McLeod, CMD-IT Director of Programs